The Local Governing Body (LGB) at English Martyrs’ Catholic Voluntary Academy has the following responsibilities:
- Ensuring that the school is conducted as a Catholic school meeting the expectations set out for his schools by the Bishop of Nottingham including on the development of the Catholic Life of the school, the appointment of leaders and other staff and facilitating diocesan canonical inspection.
- Supporting effective governance at all levels of the Catholic Multi Academy Trust (CMAT).
- Safeguarding and promoting the Catholic values of the school
- Supporting the leadership team at the school and acting as a critical friend.
- Supporting the CMAT in the development of succession planning of leadership within the school and the CMAT.
- Maintaining a detailed understanding of the strengths and areas for development of the school.
- Regularly monitoring the school development plan and in year performance and progress data.
- Monitoring performance management in the school and supporting the performance management of the headteacher.
- Monitoring the management of behaviour, attendance, exclusions and admissions.
- Monitoring the effectiveness of the deployment of resources at the school.
- Developing the engagement with the local school and parish community(ies).
English Martyrs’ Governing Body
Chair of Governors
David Boott – email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Governors Register of Interest and Attendance Record
|Name||Role||Appointed By||Date of Appointment||Term of Office||Expiry of Current Term||Business and Pecuniary Interests||Attendance 2020/21||Attendance 2019/20|
|Mr David Boott||Foundation Governor||Bishop||1st September 2015||4 years||31st August 2023||None||6/6||5/5|
|Dr Caroline Henry||Foundation Governor||Bishop||1st November 2012||4 years||31st October 2024||None||5/6||4/5|
|Mrs Clare Newman||Foundation Governor||Bishop||1st March 2019||4 years||28th February 2023||None||6/6||3/5|
|Mr Jonathan Cutting||Foundation Governor||Bishop||1st March 2019||4 years||28th February 2023||None||5/6||5/5|
|Mr Joseph Hopkins||Foundation Governor||Bishop||1st January 2021||4 years||31st December 2024||None||2/4||n/a|
|Muire Dunne||Parent Governor||Parents||4th January 2021||4 years||4th January 2025||None||3/4||5/5|
|Weronika Tobiasiewicz||Parent Governor||Parents||4th January 2021||4 years||4th January 2025||None||4/4||5/5|
Annual Reports and Accounts, Members and Trustees Information and Duties
Information in these areas is held on the St Ralph Sherwin Catholic Multi Academy Trust website or by clicking the link below:
Should you wish to make a complaint, please see the Complaints Policy on the Statutory Information page of this website in the first instance.